IMPORTANT: The Easy Access directory must have all READ, WRITE, CREATE, MODIFY, etc., permissions setup on the server for all the workstations that will be running Easy Access.
- If installing from CD, place the Installation Disc into your computer’s CD-ROM drive. If you have the Autorun feature enabled, the Easy Access Installation Wizard will start. If you have disabled Autorun, go to Start and choose Run. In the edit box type: setup to begin the installation program.
- If installing from a download, double-click the downloaded installation file to start the installation.
- Enter your License ID when prompted.
- If you are installing the Trial version of Easy Access, choose either Equifax, Experian, TransUnion or the Multi-Bureau version.
- When the Select Destination Directory dialog box appears, Browse and select the directory where you want Easy Access installed. The Installation program will begin extracting the files to the directory specified and place a shortcut for Easy Access on your Desktop.
Setting up the Workstations
- Setup each workstation by creating a shortcut to the EASYACCESS.EXE file on the server. By default, Easy Access will look for its database files in the Data directory of the Easy Access program.
- Start Easy Access and enter your setup information. If you need help, click either the Help button or your F1 key. Easy Access has context sensitive help. It is recommended that you complete the setup on the first workstation before moving on to the next workstation.
- After you have installed the network version of Easy Access, you will need to call Real Solutions for your registration number once the first workstation has been set up. The registration number can not be given out prior to the installation of the software to the Network Server. Contact numbers and addresses are located on the Support tab of the about box.
- Each workstation has its own setup information. When starting each workstation, follow through the Setup Wizard to complete the setup.
Once Easy Access has been set up up for the first time, it is recommended that you quit the program and restart it. This will reset all of the settings that you have made during the first setup.